And Their Definitions
–verb (used with object), -lat·ed, -lat·ing. to confuse or disconcert; upset; frustrate: The speaker was completely discombobulated by the hecklers.
1. Given to or characterized by the use of long words.
2. Long and ponderous; having many syllables.
1. A long word.
1. Composed, performed, or uttered on the spur of the moment, or without previous study; unpremeditated; impromptu.
2. Prepared beforehand but delivered without notes or text.
3. Skilled at or given to extemporaneous speech.
4. Provided, made, or put to use as an expedient; makeshift.
Not having money; habitually without money; poor.
Aka. A college student
Of the same blood; related by birth; descended from the same parent or ancestor.
A word, phrase, sentence, or verse that reads the same backward or forward.
A reddish glow seen near sunset or sunrise on the summits of mountains.
1. Of or relating to the period before the Biblical flood.
2. Antiquated; from or belonging to a much earlier time.
1. One who lived before the Biblical flood.
2. A very old (or old-fashioned) person.
1. Of or for charity; charitable; as, "an eleemosynary institution."
2. Given in charity; having the nature of alms; as, "eleemosynary assistance."
3. Supported by or dependent on charity; as, "the eleemosynary poor."
\GAIR-uh-lus; GAIR-yuh-\, adjective:
1. Talking much, especially about commonplace or trivial things; talkative.
\SO-brih-kay; -ket; so-brih-KAY; -KET\, noun:
A nickname; an assumed name; an epithet.
Excessive talkativeness or wordiness.
1. A complicated and embarrassing state of things.
2. A confused or complicated disagreement or misunderstanding.
3. An intricate, complicated plot, as of a drama or work of fiction.
4. A confused mass; a tangle.
Links to other Thursday Thirteens!1. (in comments)
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants
If you can use a word in a sentence you rock. If you can use more than one in a sentence, you get a link in a post ;-)