My Mom cooked up a fresh batch of applesauce this afternoon and the wonderful aroma it got me thinking about smells. There are so many smells out there to enjoy. Some remind us of holidays, certain places, certain people, and just memories in general. Some don't remind us of anything and just plain ol' smell good.
I though it'd be interesting to post some of my favorite smells (wow I'm really running out of blog topics here) and to find out in the comments what some of your favorite smells are (that's your cue)...
- I loveeee the smell of those horrible cinnamon scented pine cones that are around all the craft stores this time of year. I don't care how overpowering it get. Smells good!
- FRESH CUT GRASS. My goodness, do I really miss the smell of fresh cut grass. We don't get much of it here in the desert!
- Gasoline. I don't know. Don't ask. I just like the smell for some reason. I know I'm not alone either.
- Snow on its way. I swear, it smells different when there is snow on the way. I don't know how to explain it - but I love it. Okay, I just googled it. Gasses or something get crystallized into the snow so I'm not crazy.
- Fresh Popcorn and bacon, but not together and only when the smells are fresh - not lingering later.
That's all I can think of at the moment. I'd love to hear what smells agree with your sniffer. And while you're on the subject of ones you like... which ones do you hate (besides the ones we can all agree on like poo, trasha and anything rotting)?. I know some people love it, but I hate the smell right after it rains! And seafood, any seafood smells - blech!